At Concordia, we are working hard to protect our children, families, and staff by following all local public health guidelines.
Below are some highlights of our enhanced health and safety protocols. To read Concordia’s response to COVID-19 in greater detail, please consult our parent manual addendum.
• Our teachers assess children’s general well-being when they arrive and throughout the day, monitoring for signs of illness.
• Our teaching staff take and record children’s temperatures 3 times daily: at drop-off, in the morning, and in the afternoon.
• All individuals 2 years and older are required to wear masks.
• Classrooms are not being combined during the day.
• Concordia staff model, teach, and reinforce hand washing and healthy hygiene as is age appropriate.
• Children are required to have “school shoes” that are left at Concordia and are used while inside our classrooms.
• Concordia performs nightly cleaning of each center.
• Our janitorial crews clean and sanitize a variety of high-touch surfaces and equipment.
• Teachers have additional cleaning and sanitizing responsibilities at the beginning and end of each day, while regularly sanitizing high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
• Out of an abundance of caution, Concordia is only conducting drop-off and pick-up procedures outside of our centers for the time being.
• This avoids physical interactions between teachers and parents, limits foot traffic inside our centers, and minimizes touching of door handles.
Entrusting your child to our care is a decision made easier by the security and safety built into every facet of Concordia. Our centers were designed with your child’s changing needs in mind; alongside health, safety, and security measures to put your mind at ease.
Use the form below to schedule either a phone discussion or virtual video tour of your desired center.
We look forward to getting to know you!
We’ve been cleaning our rooms and aligning our protocols with the most recent guidelines set by the City of Chicago and State of Illinois. We hope to see you soon!